Below you’ll find a variety of online faith formation resources. These are what many of our children’s and youth ministers around ECMN are currently using for their youth groups and Sunday morning ministries.
Grades 6 – 8
Ages 3 – Grade 5
- Lectionary-based: VTS & Whole People of God
- Living the good news
- Episcopal lesson plans that work
- Story Path (for picture books coordinating with the Gospel reading)
- Worshiping with children
- Godly Play
BROADER EXPLORATIONS OF CURRICULUM
- Resource Wall for Children: http://episcoforma.org/forma-resource-wall/children/
- Resource Wall for Youth: http://episcoforma.org/forma-resource-wall/youth/
- Homepage: http://www.buildfaith.org/curriculum-center/
- Youth Curriculum Chart: http://www.buildfaith.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2016CurriculumChartforYouth28129.pdf
- Children Curriculum Chart: http://www.buildfaith.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2016CurriculumChartforChildren.pdf
Evaluating & Choosing Curriculum
MN Resource Center for Churches
- This organization runs an in-person library in Minneapolis where you can check out materials for an annual per church fee.
- Website: http://rcc-mn.org/
- Online Video Classes & Small Group Studies: https://www.churchnext.tv/
- Sustainable Children’s Ministry: From Last-Minute Scrambling to Long-Term Solutions by Mark DeVriew & Annette Safstrom.
- Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli.
- The Godbearing Life: The Art of Soul Tending for Youth Ministry by Kendra Creasy Dean.
- Sustainable Youth Ministry: Why Most Youth Ministry Doesn’t Last and What Your Church Can Do About It by Mark DeVries.