Youth Sunday is June 21, 2020!
On Youth Sunday are you able to give $7 or more to the endowed Bishop Brian N. Prior Youth Scholarship Fund?
These gifts will go a long way towards our fundraising goal, which is double the total endowed amount. We are seeking to raise $160K in 2020, and we are already 20% of the way there! This will ensure that all ECMN youth continue to be able attend our camps and retreats.
The invitation on Youth Sunday to all Episcopalians is a part of several other initiatives this year.
- ECMN Youth T-Shirt Orders (50% of proceeds: $1-2K)
- Registrations for Camp Agape (50% of proceeds: $5K)
- Youth Sunday Invitation ($1000 per church)
- Reinvested interest from 2020 ($8K)
- Individual Gifts: Donate Here ($22K to date)
Youth Sunday gives us all an opportunity to celebrate our amazing young people: their leadership and their gifts. It is also a special moment to focus on the unique ways that retreat and camp ministries are empowering and forming this generation of leaders in the church.
Every year our young people build a beautiful and diverse beloved community together at our camps and retreats. Youth from our Black, Hmong, Latino, Koren, Native, and White communities form an inclusive safe space to practice Jesus’ way of love and build transformative relationships across lines of difference.
There are now 11 programs (13 separate events) with 590+ kids participating each year, representing 43 faith communities from across the state. There are a huge variety of program options for kids these days offering a mix of friendship, fun, and faith formation:
- Entry-level exploratory camps for young children and families (EKID, EFAM, ECAD)
- Week long adventure camp for middle and high schoolers (EYQC)
- Week long music camp for elementary, middle and high schoolers (EYMC)
- Service trips for middle and high schoolers (Rosebud, Ma Wa Disi Da, SINC)
- Retreats for high schoolers (Peer Ministry Training, MN TEC)
- Retreats for middle schoolers (Pre-TEC)
All of these programs will resume as soon as it is safe to do so following COVID-19 recommendations. For now you can visit our Summer 2020 page to read about our unique online and outdoor offering for this summer – Camp Agape!
Ideas for what to include in your Youth Sunday Service
- Invite a young person to tell their faith story, or talk about their retreat or camp experience during worship
- Take a special offering for the Bishop Brian N. Prior Youth Scholarship Fund to help even more youth access camp and retreat experiences.
- Email your young person’s story and an invitation to donate to your whole congregation.
Links & Resources for Youth Sunday
- Scholarship Fund Info: Printable Flyer
- Scholarship Fund Visual: Social Media Image
- Donate Now! Share this link to invite donations: https://conta.cc/2H1dAPo
- Video Link: https://vimeo.com/334040781
- ECMN Bishop Brian N. Prior Scholarship Fund: Official Resolution
- Youth Testimonies: Scroll to the bottom of this About Us page
Bishop Brian N. Prior Youth Scholarship Fund
It has been our practice so far to not say no to a scholarship request. Every kid who checks the box saying they need financial assistance gets it – no other questions asks. To date our statistics show that 1 in 5 kids asks for support (either 1/3, 2/3, or full scholarships), which aligns with national statistics regarding scholarship need for summer camps. This means this fund is really for every kid in every faith community across ECMN, and that the need we are seeing makes sense. We want to build up the endowed Bishop Brian N. Prior Youth Scholarships so that we can keep saying yes as participation and need continues to grow. Click here to donate today!
An anonymous donor has seeded an endowed fund, The Bishop Brian N. Prior Youth Scholarship Fund, to make sure any kid or youth who wants to participate in camps and retreats gets to. We need to raise $160,000 in the next 12 months to make this happen. Spread the word at your faith community and to your networks.